ABSTRACTS OF WARREN CO., N.C. WILL BOOK 3
April 1779 - May 1783
From Original by Mary Hinton Kerr
Many years ago before the original publication, Ms. Kerr graciously gave me permission to use her material. After the book was commercially published, I did not feel it was proper to use the then copyrighted material and thus have not done what I have long wanted to do which is to make the information available to all who have roots in Warren Co., NC. Now I am told the copyright has expired and as an honor to her many years of dedicated work in helping others find their roots in the public records of Warren Co., I am going to make the material available here. Hopefully this small effort will encourage others who she has helped over the years to repay her memory by sharing their own research. If this posting should violate any existing copyrights, please let me know and they will be removed immediately. Nothing on these pages is to be used or reprinted in any form for any purpose other than documenting one's personal genealogy. Any commercial use is strictly forbidden.
(Though numbered "3" this is the first Will Book in Warren Co. Registry containing recorded documents of Warren Co. Volume I of this series contains abstracts of Will Books 1, A & 2 which contain records of Bute Co., N.C. from which Warren Co. was formed in 1779. The May Session 1779 was the first session of the Warren Co. Court of Pleas & Quarter Sessions.
Will Book 3 contains 194 manuscript pages and all documents are certified by THOMAS MACHEN, C.C. until the May Court 1782 and then by MARMADUKE (MDUKE) JOHNSON, C.C. All documents executed in "Open Court" are witnessed by the Clerk unless otherwise stated in the abstracts.)
1. 24 April 1779; May Ct.1779. JOHN REIVES, of Northampton Co., to JAMES DENTON, of Warren Co. Sale of a negro, for 1,000 Pds. Wit: BENJAMIN HAWKINS (Jurat) & WM. GREEN.
2. 10 May 1779; May Ct.1779. Estate of OSWELL POTTS, dec'd. ROBERT CALLER, Admr. Bond for 1000 Pds. to Gov. RICHARD CASWELL. Sec: JOHN HAWKINS.
3. 10 May 1779; May Ct.1779. Estate of THOMAS TWITTY, dec'd. Admr: JOHN HAWKINS. Bond for 1,000 Pds. to Gov. RICHARD CASWELL. Sec: ROBERT CALLER.
5. 11 May 1779; May Ct.1779. THOMAS MACHEN to Gov. RICHARD CASWELL. Bond for 1,000 Pds. to insure faithful execution of office of Clerk of County Court. Sec: JAMES JOHNSON, HERBERT HAYNES & JAMES PAYNE (PAINE), Jr. Wit: JOSEPH TAYLOR & MDUKE JOHNSON.
6. 14 May 1778; May Ct.1779. OSBORN JEFFREYS, J.P. of Bute Co., apprentices SUSANNA BECKHAM, 15 year old orphan of STEPHEN BECKHAM, dec'd., to JOHN WATSON to learn business of housewifery, etc. Wit: WILL BRICKELL.
7. 11 May 1779; May Ct.1779. Rec't. & release from ALLAN LOVE to FRANCIS HALL. Wit: ROBERT TURNBULL & JOHN TODD.
8-a. Will of JOHN LINCH of Bute Co. 24 June 1778; May Court 1779. Wife (not named), Extrx; Sons JOHN, NATHANIEL & DANIEL (Extr.); Dtr. NANCY. Wit: MATTHEW MYRICK (Jurat), SAMUEL WOODWARD (Jurat) & SARAH WOODWARD.
9, 13 May 1779; May Ct.1779. THOMAS EATON to Gov. RICHARD CASWELL. Bond for 5,000 Pds. to insure faithful execution of office of Sheriff. Sec: JAMES JOHNSON, THOMAS HILL, Jr. & EDWARD JONES, Esqrs.
10. 19 May 1779; May Ct.1779. WILLIAM CHRISTMAS to Gov. RICHARD CASWELL. Bond for 1,000 Pds. to insure faithful performance of office as County Surveyor. Sec: ISAAC ACRE & JAMES JOHNSON.
11. 14 May 1779; May Ct.1779. JAMES JOHNSON to Gov. RICHARD CASWELL, Bond for 1,000 Pds. to insure faithful discharge of office as County Register. Sec: WILLIAM CHRISTMAS & ISAAC ACRE.
12. Aug. Ct.1779. Nuncupative Will of WILLIAM BROWN, Jr. Deposition before YOUNG McLEMORE, 5 July 1779, from STEPHEN BECKHAM that he wanted his land to go to his father WILLIAM BROWN & remainder to his brothers & sisters.
12. Aug. Ct.1779. Inv. of Estate of OSWELL POTTS. dec'd. ROBERT CALLER, Admr.
13. Aug. Ct.1779. Suppl. Inv. Est. WILLIAM PASCHALL, dec'd. By THOMAS PASCHALL, Extr.
13. 10 Aug.1779; Aug. Ct.1779. Est. JOHN KIRK, dec'd. WILLIAM BALTHROP, Admr. Bond for 1,000 Pds. to Gov. RICHARD CASWELL. Sec: JOHN TODD.
15. Will of JOSEPH DUKE of Bute Co., N.C. 11 Jan.1778; Aug. Ct.1779. Wife MARY (Extrx.); Sons: MAJOR, ISAM (Extr.), SHERROD, HARDY, REPPS, RANSOM & plans trip to Georgia to buy lands for youngest sons WILLIAM & BUCKNER; Dtrs: MARY, wife of WILSON WHATLEY, ALICE, wife of JAMES JACKSON, DELILAH, wife of MILLS DRURY & MARTHA DUKE, a minors friend MATTHEW DUKE also an Extr. Wit: THOMAS MACHEN (Jurat), WILLIAM PARK & RESE(RESS) BREWER (Jurat).
17. 10 Aug.1779; Aug. Ct.1779. Est. WILLIAM BROWN, Jr.; WILLIAM BROWN, Admr. Bond for 1,000 Pds. to Gov. RICHARD CASWELL. Sec: WILLIAM GREEN.
19. 11 Aug.1779; Aug. Ct. 1779. Inv. Est. WILLIAM BROWN, Jr., dec'd., by WILLIAM BROWN, Admr.
20. 10 Aug.1779; Aug. Ct.1779. THOMAS EATON, Sheriff, to Gov. RICHARD CASWELL. Bond for 100,000 Pds. to insure proper collection of taxes. Sec: WILLIAM DUKE & WILLIAM GREEN. Wit: JAS. JOHNSON.
21. 8 May 1778; Aug. Ct.1779. Acct. Suppl. Sale Est. BENJAMIN BROWN PERSON, dec'd., by ISAAC ACRE, D. Shf. Horses sold to THOMAS PERSON & HERBERT HAYNES.
21. 8 May 1778;Aug. Ct.1779. JAMES RANSOM to Gov. RICHARD CASWELL. Bond for 2,000 Pds. to insure true performance of office of Entry Taker. Sec: JAMES JOHNSON. Wit: JNO.MACON.
22. Acct. of Commrs. for measuring bounds of Bute Co., running dividing line, finding centers & placing Courthouses of Warren & Franklin Co. Am'ts. paid to JULIUS NICHOLS, JOHN FAULCON, WILLIAM DUKE, JOHN NORWOOD, MATTHEW THOMAS & The Surveyor. /s/ JULIUS NICHOLS
22. 28 Sept.1779;Nov. Ct.1779. PHILEMON WOOD, of Halifax Co., N.C,, to BURGES(S) REAVES, of Warren Co. Sale of a negro, for 1,500 Pds. Wit: JORDAN ROWLAND, PETER SMART & WILLIAM ROWLAND.
22. 19 Aug.1779;Nov. Ct.1779. ANNE BENNETT to her son-in-law JOHN CAPPS & MARTHA BENNETT. Gift of slaves, etc. Wit: CHARLES DANIELL & FRANCIS CAPPS.
24. 8 Nov.1779;Nov. Ct.1779. GILES CARTER to WILLIAM JOHNSON, Ch. Co. Ct. Bond for 1,O00 Pds. to indemnify County from costs for base born male child of JANE KELLY. Sec: ISAAC ACRE & JACOB RIGGAN. Wit: JOSEPH TAYLOR.
25. Will of PETER KIMBELL (KIMBALL) of Bute Co. 26 May 1771; Nov. Ct.1779. Wife (not named) & all my children (not named or numbered). Each child to have share when youngest comes of age. Extrs: WILLIAM JOHNSON (refused to qualify), Son BUCKNER KIMBELL & JORDAN HARRIS. Wit: WILLIAM MOORE, LITTLEBERRY (LITTLEBEARY) WHITE (Jurat) & SUSANNA MOORE.
26. 12 Nov.1779; Nov.Ct.1779. Partial Inv. Est. BENJAMIN BROWN PERSON, dec'd. by JOHN FAULCON, Admr.
27. Nov. Ct.1779. Acct. sale Est. OSWELL POTTS, dec'd., sold 20 0ct.1779 by ISAAC ACRE,D.Shf., to: JOHN TWITTY, WILLIAM MEALER, PETER TWITTY, JOHN WOOD, JOSEPH MILLER, JOHN WHITE, MICHAEL WOOD, THOMAS NEWMAN, ELIZABETH POTTS & CHARLES CALLER.
27. Nov. Ct.1779. Sale Est. JOHN KIRK, dec'd, to THOMAS HALL, by ISAAC ACRE, D.S.
28. 8 Nov.1779; Nov. Ct.1779. ROBERT CALLER, Jr. to WILLIAM JOHNSON, Ch. Co. Ct. Bond for 1,000 Pds. to indemnify Parish of St. John & Warren Co. from cost of maintaining base born child of SARAH LAUGHTER. Sec: JOHN JENKINS & JAMES EM(M)ERSON. Wit: ISAAC ACREE.
29 9 Nov.1779; Nov. Ct.1779. MILLENNER SAINSING to WILLIAM JOHNSON, Ch. Co. Ct. Bond for 500 Pds. to indemnify Parish of St. John from maintenance of her base born male child. Sec: EDWARD DAVID & CHARLES BARTHOLOMEW.
30. Nov. Ct.1779. Acct.sale Est.WILLIAM BROWN,dec'd. by WILLIAM GREEN, D. Shf. Names: WILLIAM GREEN, FRANK WILLIAMS JNO. BAKER & ARCH BROWN.
30. (A) Will of THOMAS ROBINS. 15 Jan.1780; Feb.Ct.1780. Wife SARAH; Son WILLIAM & all my children (not named or numbered). Wit: JAMES STILES (Jurat), BENJAMIN McILVALE (Jurat) & BENJAMIN SILES (Jurat).
31. 14 Feb.1780; Feb. Ct.1780. Admn. (Will annexed) Est. THOMAS ROBINS, dec'd. WILLIAM ROBINS, Admr. Bond for 5,000 Pds. to Gov. RICHARD CASWELL. Sec: NATHANIEL BAXTER.
33. (A) Will of JOEL FAIN. 16 Feb.1779~ Feb.Ct.1780. Wife NANNY; Sons JOHN, JOEL, WILLIAM, DANIEL & TYREE; Dtrs. SARAH, AMIE ALLEN, MOLLEY & NANNEY. Exectrx: Wife NANNEY; Extr: Friend & brother DANIEL BURFORD. Wit: JOSHUA KELLY (Jurat) & CHARLES HULME.
35. 1 Feb.1780; Feb. Ct.1780. WILLIAM PARK to his dtr. ANN PARK. Gift of a negro girl. Wit: THOMAS MACHEN (Jurat).
35. 1 Feb.1780;Feb.Ct.1780. WILLIAM PARK to his dtr. BETTY PARK. Gift of a negro girl. Wit: THOMAS MACHEN (Jurat).
36. 8 Feb.1780; Feb. Ct.1780. WILLIAM PARK to his son ROBERT PARK. Gift of a negro boy. Wit: Nn. COLE & THOS. MACHEN (Jurat).
37. 14 Feb.1780; Feb.Ct.1780. Est. JOHN TWITTY, dec'd. MILDRED TWITTY, Admrx. Bond for l0,000 Pds. to Gov. RICHARD CASWELL. Sec: WYATT HAWKINS.
39. (A) Will of NATHAN WILLEFORD. 30 Jan.1780; Feb. Ct.1780. Dtr. DORENDER WEST; son BRITAIN; Dtrs. SARAH LANCASTER & SUSANNA LANCASTER; sons NATHAN & SAMUEL. Wit: BN. GOODRICK, JOHN BASFORD (Jurat) & ISAM MEADOWS (Jurat).
40. (A) Will of JOHN BECKHAM. 17 Oct.1779; Feb.Ct.1780. Wife NAOMI (Extrx.); "all my children (not named or numbered). Extr. Brother PHILEMON BECKHAM. Wit: JAMES BASKETT (Jurat) & YOURITH BASKETT.
41. 11 Nov. 1778; Feb. Ct. 1780. BAILEY FLEMMING & ANN(E) FLEMMING to his friend JOSEPH DARNAL(L), all of Bute Co. Power of Attorney to deliver to Mr. JOHN BOWDOWN lands bargained for in this state. Wit: JOHN FARRAR (Jurat) & PETER BOYER.
42. Inv. Est. PRISCILLA TOWNS, dec'd. Rtd. Feb. Court 1780.
43. 14 Feb.1780; Feb.Ct.1780. Est. THOMAS TWITTY, dec'd. JOHN HAWKINS,Admr. Bond for 5,000 Pds. to Gov. RICHARD CASWELL. Sec: PETER TWITTY.
45. Feb. Ct.1780. Inv. Est. JOHN TWITTY, dec'd, by MILDRED TWITTY, Admrx. Includes: 250 A. on Smiths Creek & bonds of HAWKINS, RUSSELL & G.TWITTY.
46a. Feb.1780; Feb. Ct.1780. Suppl. Inv. Est. BENJAMIN BROWN PERSON,dec'd. By JOHN FAULCON, Admr.
46. 12 Feb.1780;Feb. Ct.1780. ANN BUSH to CAJABETH WHITE & FRANCES, his wife. Gift of negroes, etc. Wit: JOHN MOSELEY (Jurat), SAMUEL BELL & JAS. JONES.
48. 18 Feb.1780; Feb. Ct.1780. WILLIAM JOHNSON, Jr. to Gov. RICHARD CASWELL. Bond for 2,000 Pds. as County Register. Sec:WILLIAM JOHNSON, Sr. and JAMES JOHNSON.
49. 18 Feb.1780; Feb. Ct.1780. JULIUS NICHOLS, Jr. to Gov. RICHARD CASWELL. Bond for 2,000 Pds. as County Surveyor. Sec: WILLIAM CHRISTMAS and PHILEMON HAWKINS.
49. 14 Feb.1780;Feb. Ct.1780. SHADRACK LAMBERT, orphan of JOHN LAMBERT,dec'd. apprt, to LEWIS PATRICK, by WILLIAM JOHNSON, Presiding Justice, & to be taught planter's business, etc.
51. May Ct.1780. Acct. Sale Est.GEORGE TUCKER, dec'd. by LEWELLING TUCKER.
|LEW TUCKER||JAMES BLANTON||JAMES WHITE||JOHN TWITTY|
|JEMIMA TUCKER||TWITTY RUSSELL||JOHN SMITH||WILLIAMBLANTON|
|JOHN KING ROSSER||WYATT HAWKINS||JOHN BAXTER||DAVID TANNER|
|THOMAS RICHERSON||JAMES WHEELER||BENNETTWOOD||DRURY JACKSON|
|FREDERICK MALONE||STEPHEN MABRY||PETER TWITTY||RICHARD ELLIS|
|BILLY G. GOOCH||THOMAS WILSON||JOEL FAIN||JOHN BOOKER|
|GEORGE LANGFORD||GEORGE WHEALER||SAMUEL ROSE||MICHAEL WOOD|
|DOZIER THORNTON||HENRY SHEARING||ROBERT HILL||JAMES DOZIER|
|WILLIAM HANSILL||BECKHAM RAIMEY||JOHN WRIGHT||JOHN HAWKINS|
52. 8 May 1780;May Ct.1780. Est.WILLIAM POWELL,Jr., dec'd; SUSANNA POWELL, Admrx. Bond for 8,000 Pds.to Gow.RICHARD CASWELL. Sec: CHARLES DANIEL & WILLIAM CHEEK.
54. May Ct.1780. Inv. Est.WILLIAM POWELL,Jr., dec'd. SUSANNA POWELL, Admrx. 55. May Ct.1780. Inv. Est.THOMAS ROBINS, dec'd.,by WILLIAM ROBINS,Admr.
56. 1 April 1780; May Court 1780. EDWARD GREEN to his son WILLIAM GREEN. Gift of a negro slave. Wit: WILLIAM JOHNSON (Jurat) & N. COLE.
57. May Court 1780. Inv. Est. JOEL FAIN, dec'd., by ANN FAIN, Extrx.
57. 17 March 1780; May Ct.1780. Acct. Sale Est. Capt. JOHN TWITTY, sold by ISAAC ACRE, D. Shf. for THOMAS EATON, Shf. purchasers named:
|GEORGE TWITTY||RICHARD COLEMAN||STERLING CLACK||DANSEY STAN(D)LEY|
|MILLEY TWITTY||PETER COLEMAN||LEWIS PATRICK||PHILEMON HAWKINS,Jr.|
|LEW TUCKER||WILLIAM GUTTREY||EDWARD SMITH||FREDERICK MALONE|
|ROBERT CALLER||TWITTY RUSSELL||JOHN COLEMA N||PARMENUS WILLIAMS|
|JOHN SANFORD||PETER TWITTY||JOHN CHADDOCK||THOMAS EVANS(EVINS)|
|WYATT HAWKINS||JOSEPH BURKET||ELISHA TOWNS||ROBERT CALLER,Jr.|
|PHILLIP HILLARD||BENNETT WOO||HENRY WOOD||PHILEMON HAWKINS|
|PHILLIP BURFORD||WILLIAM ALLEN||JOHN WOOS|
61. Sheriff's Acct. for 1779; Rtd. by WILLIAM CHRISTMASS, D. Shf., May Ct.1780.
Insolvents, etc.: WILLIAM BALLARD & SAMPSON WEST (not Invd.); PARKS KING,
|SAMUEL WELLS||JAMES HARRIS||JOHN LANCASTER||YOUNG PATTERSON|
|RICHARD DAVIS||JOHN TUCKER||WILLIAM TUCKER||JOHN WOODROOFF|
|SAMUEL FIGGINS||JOHN GLOVER||SAMUEL WILLIAMS||MARTIN DICKERSON|
|DANIEL POTTER||THOMAS GLOVER||WILLIAM TANNER||JENNINGS TANNER|
|CHARLES RONE||DANIEL TALLEY||JAMES HARRISON||MATTHEW GOODRICK|
|STEPHEN SMITH||HANNAHCARROLL||JOHN ROTTENBURY||AARON LANCASTER|
|JOHN ROBERTS||EDWARD MELONE||GEORGE ROBERSON||BRITAIN WILLIFORD|
|THOMAS CAPPS||REUBIN NEWMAN||ISAM SHEARING|
PRISCILLA EDWARDS & WILLIAM FAULKNER (not allowed)
Inhabitants of Virginia that have not yet settled their taxes:
JAMES HARDWICK, WILLIAM MOORE, ALEXANDER MORRISON, ROBERT TURNBULL & MORDICA BROWN (None Invd.)
Inhabitants of other Counties of this State that have Effects here: MARRIMAN THORN; MARY JONES, near Halifax; DANIEL GOLD, BENJA.PERRX, THOMAS HILL, Sr.,THOMAS PERSON and ORANDATUS & GOODY DAVIS (None Invd.)
Allowance made in assessments, by Court Order, for: LAWRENCE LANCASTER,Sr., JOHN MACON, JAMES EGERTON, NATHAN HOLLOMON, ABRAHAM GREEN, & (each for a lame negro) BURRELL ROBERSON & ISAAC ACRE.
64. 11 Nov.1777; May Ct.1780. OSBORN JEFFREYS, Presiding Justice for Bute Co., apprt. STEPHEN WHITE (13 yr.old orphan of HENRY WHITE, dec'd.) to BENJAMIN RUSH of Bute Co., to be taught "art & mistery" of Cart Wheel Making, etc.
65. 11 Aug.1775; May Ct.1780. OSBORN JEFFREYS, Presiding Justice in Bute Co., appr. LEWIS HAGWOOD (orphan of WILLIAM HAGWOOD, dec'd. & 15 yrs. old next 23 Oct.) to WILLIAM HAGWOOD of Bute Co., to learn to be a planter, etc.
66. 9 Aug.1777; May Ct.1780. OSBORN JEFFREYS, Esq., "President in Bute Co.",apprt. WILLIAM HAGWOOD, orphan of WILLIAM HAGWOOD, dec'd., to BENJAMIN McILVALE of Bute Co., to be taught Planter's business, etc.
68. 11 Nov.1777; May Ct.1780. OSBORN JEFFREYS, Presiding Justice of Bute Co., apprt. MARGARET McINTOSH, 11 yrs. old, to GEORGE TASSIE of Bute Co., to be taught business of housewifery, etc.
69. 11 Nov.1777; May Ct.1780. OSBORN JEFFREYS, Esq., Presiding Justice of Bute Co., appt.. BLEDSOE WHITE, 8 yr. old orphan of HENRY WHITE, dec'd., to BENJAMIN RUSH of Bute Co., to learn "art & mystery of Cart Wheel Making", etc.
71. 16 Aug. 1780; Aug. Ct.1780. THOMAS EATON to Gov. ABNER NASH. Bond for l0,000 Pds. to insure faithful execution of office of Sheriff of Warren Co. Sec: JOHN FAULCON & JAMES JOHNSON.
72. 16 Aug.1780; Aug. Ct.1780. THOMAS EATON, Sheriff, to Gov. ABNER NASH. Bond for 10,000 Pds. to insure proper collection of taxes, as County Treasurer. Sec: JOHN FAULCON & JAMES JOHNSON.
73. Will of PATIENCE ( PATIENTS) JENKINS, of St. Johns Parish, Bute Co., N.C. 17 Oct.1778; Aug. Ct.1780. Son THOMAS JENKINS, Extr.; "All my eight children" (not named). Wit: WILLIAM HOUSE & WILLIAM CHRISTMAS (Jurat).
74. 20 Sept.1780; Ack. 20 Aug. 1780. WILLIAM CHRISTMAS to Gov. ABNER NASH. Bond for 10,000 Spanish mill'd dollars to insure that he faithfully perform duties as Commissioner fr. Warren Co. for collecting provisions tax & securing supplies & provisions for support of Army & Navy of this & the United States in Southern Dept. Sec: WILLIAM GREEN, ADKIN McLEMORE & JOHN MACON.
76. Nov. Ct. 1780. Acct. Est. HENRY FOOTE, dec'd., by HENRY SHEARIN one of the Extrs. Mentions: Tobacco at Halifax & at Newbern; Rec'ts. fr. Mr. FOOTE's books; Mr. MILLER for RONALDSON & Co.; ROSE's Store; HENRY SHEARIN's acct.
|WILLIAM BALTHROP||ALLAN LOVE||WILLIAM GREEN||JOHN LAUGHTER|
|ABSOLEM LANCASTER||THOMPSON||MARY BLANCHETT||THOMAS MILLER|
|GEORGE NORSWORTHY||STACY||WILLIAM HANSELL||JOS.TAYLOR,Esq.|
|WILLIAM COLCLOUGH||EDWARDS||WILMOTT EGERTON||JAMES STILES|
|NATHANIEL BAXTER||DARNALL||RICHARD PICKRILL||HENRY GLOVER|
|MATTHEW ROBERSON||JESSE BELL||THOMAS HARTON||SARAH BURGES|
|Dr. PALMER||Capt. BROWN|
77. Will of JAMES BALTHROP. 6 June 1780;Nor. Ct.1780. Names: Brothers JOHN & WILLIAM (both to be Extrs.); friend SUSANAH CHRISTIAN; SARAH TODD, dtr. of Mr. JOHN TODD; Cousin WILLIAM BALTHROP, son of JOHN BALTHROP. Wit: SOLO. HIGGINS & JOHN TODD (Jurat).
78. 11 Nov.1780;Nov. Ct.1780. WILLIAM HARRISON to Gov. ABNER NASH. Bond for 6000 Pds. to insure building bridge over Fishing Creek near THOMAS GREEN's (at cost of 3,000 Pds.) & maintaining it for 5 years. Sec: JAMES JOHNSON. Wit: JAMES RANSOM, Esq. (one of the persons appt. to let the bridge).
79. (A) Will of SARAH JOHNSTON. 26 Dec.1780; Codicil 1 Jan.1781; Feb. Ct.1781. Names: Sons FRANCIS THORNTON & WILLIAM EATON JOHNSTON (both Extrs.); Son HUGH(EY) JOHNSTON (for whom she has been Guardian); Dtrs. (Mrs.) MARY MEAD & NANCY OGILBY; Gr-Dtrs. SALLEY MEAD & SALLEY OGILBY. Land bought from WILLIAM JOHNSTON to be sold & "River Tract" bequeathed to son WILLIAM EATON JOHNSTON. Wit: WILLIAM JOHNSON, Esq. (Jurat) & BETTY SCOTT. Wit. to Codicil: THOS. EATON & JENNET McCOY.
82. 14 Feb.1781; Feb. Ct.1781. Est. CHARLES DANIEL, dec'd; AME(Y) DANIEL, Admrx. Bond for l00,000 Pds. to Gov. ABNER NASH. Sec:JESSE PERSON & RICHARD ACOCK.
84. 14 Feb.1781; Feb. Ct. 1781. Est. RICHARD SHERRY, dec'd; DIONITIAS SHERRY, Admrx. Bond for 5,000 Pds.to Gov. ABNER NASH. Sec: WILLIAM JOHNSON & JOHN FAULCON, Esqrs.
86. Feb. Ct, 1781. Inv. Est. CHARLES DANIEL, dec'd., by AME(Y) & EDMD. DANIEL, Admrs. Includes 1 Church Bible & sundry other books.
87. (A) Will of WILLIAM PARK 24 Oct.1780 (Codicil 4 Nov.1780); Aug. Ct.1781. Names: Wife BETTY; Dtrs. ANN & BETTY & Son ROBERT (all three minors). Land bought from BENJAMIN McCULLOCH & from PETER GREEN & WILLIAM BLACK, situated on WS Oposom Creek & on NS Reedy Creek (with mill) & in the piney woods. Wife to have negroes she inherited from her Mother. Exrs: Son-in-law (i.e. step-son /MHK) WILLIAM WELDON & friends ALLAN LOVE & ROBERT TURNBULL, Mchts. of Virginia. Wit: THOMAS MACHEN (Jurat), NELSON COLE; WILLIAM PILKINTON (Codicil).
91. (A) Will of JAMES ROGERS. 8 April 1781;Aug. Ct.1781 Names Dtrs. ELLINOR, SALLEY, NANCY & POLLEY. WILLIAM MYRICK (son of MOSES) is in possession of certain articles & of money from PHILL MORRIS. Extr. Friend RANDLE HASILWOOD. Wit: WILLIAM JOHNSON, Esq. (jurat), THOMAS HASILWOOD & SARAH HASILWOOD.
92. 16 Aug.1781;Aug. Ct.1781. JOHN HAWKINS to Gov. THOMAS BURK. Bond for 5,000 Pds. to insure that he faithfully execute office of Sheriff of Warren Co. Sec: PHILLEMON HAWKINS, Jr., WYATT HAWKINS & PHILLEMON HAWKINS, Sr.
94. (A) Will of ANN PERSON. 18 April 1781; Aug. Ct.1781. Names: Son THOMAS PERSON(S), Extr.; Dtrs. MARTHA THORP(E), Extrx. & MARY LITTLE. Wit: SAMUEL THOMPSON (Jurat) & JOHN MALLORD (Jurat).
95. 24 Feb.1781;Aug. Ct.1781. Inv. Est. RICHARD SHERRY, dec'd. DIONITIA Sherry, Admrx.
96. 9 April 1781;Aug. Ct.1781. Inv. Est. JAMES ROGERS, dec'd. RANDOLPH HASILWOOD, Extr. Includes items delivered to his Dtr. ELINOR.
97. 16 Aug.1781; Aug. Ct.1781. Est. GEORGE NORSWORTHY, dec'd. WILLIAM NOYAL(L) NORSWORTHY, Admr. Bond for 20,000 Pds. to Gov. THOMAS BURK. Sec: JAMES PAINE, Jr. & GIDEON HUNT MACON.
99. Inv. Est. GEORGE NORSWORTHY, dec'd. Aug. Ct.1781. Includes money in: State dollars, Va. money & Continental. WILLIAM NOYAL NORSWORTHY, Admr.
100. (A) Will of WILLIAM WRIGHT. 21 Feb.1781; Aug. Ct.1781. Names: "Children now living": TEMPEY MARKS, SIMON, ELIZABETH, SUSANNAH, JOHN, UEL(L), & NANCY WRIGHT; Gr-son SIMON LONG. Land on Deep (Creek) bought from Capt. JOHN HAWKINS & land on Wolf Branch bought from WILLIAM GUTRY. Extrs: Capt. PHILLIP BURFORD & SAMUEL PASCHAEL. Wit: THOMAS NEWMAN(Jurat), DANIEL ELLINGTON (Jurat) & JAMES ELLINGTON (Jurat).
101. Aug. Ct.1781 Inv. Est. WILLIAM WRIGHT, dec'd. Rtd. by the Extrs.
102. 28 Sept;1781; (Aug. Ct.1781). Sale Est. RICHARD SHERRY, dec'd., by JOHN HAWKINS, Sheriff. Purchasers: DIONITIA SHERRY, DAVID CRAWLEY, DAVID HARDY, JEHUE STOKELEY, JOHN SHERRY, Gen. THOMAS EATON, JOHN HAWKINS, Shf., JOHN EZELL, THOMAS GROSE & SAMUEL WILLIFORD.
104. 13 Nov.1781;Nov. Ct.1781. Est.ROBERT CALLER,Jr.,dec'd. ROBERT CALL(I)ER, Admr. Bond for 500,000 Pds. to Gov. ALEXANDER MARTIN. Sec: WYATT HAWKINS
106. 15 Nov.1781; Nov. Ct.1781. Est.JOHN WOOD, dec'd. DANIEL & his wife BETTY ELLINGTON, Admrs. Bond for 200,000 Pds. to Gov.ALEXANDER MARTIN. Sec: MATTHEW WOOD & WYATT HAWKINS.
108. 12 Nov.1781; Nov. Ct.1781. Est. CHARLES HULL, dec'd.; SUSANHAH NULL, Admrx.. Bond for 200,000 Pds. to Gov. ALEXANDER MARTIN. Sec: JOHN WRIGHT & JAMES TOWNES.
109. Nov. Court 1781. Inv. Est. JOHN WOOD,dec'd., by DANIEL ELLINGTON,Admr.
110. 1 Nov.1781; Nov. Ct.1781. Acct. Sale Est. JAMES RO(D)GERS, dec'd., by JOHN HAWKINS, Shf. Named: JOHN HAWKINS, HONOURIAS POWELL, JAMES JOHNSON, WILLIAM JOHNSON, WILLIAM CHEEK, JAMES KIMBILL & RANDLE HASILWOOD for MATTHEW DAVIS.
111. 26 Sept.1781;Nov. Ct.1781. ACct. sale Est.GEORGE NORSWORTHY, dec'd., by JOHN HAWKINS, Shf. Bought by: JAMESt NORSWORTHY & WILLIAM NOYALL NORSWORTHY.
111. Nov. Ct.1781. Inv, Est. CHARLES HULL, dec'd. , by SUSANAH NULME (HULL)
112. Nov. Ct.1781. Inv. Est. Mrs. SARAH JOHNSTON, dec'd. WILLIAM E. JOHNS (T )ON, Extr. Includes 251 acres in "Bell's tract" & 650 acres on the River.
112. 20 Sept.1781; Nov.Ct.1781. Acct. Sale Est. WILLIAM WRIGHT, dec'd., by JOHN HAWKINS, Shf. Purchasers: Maj. LEONARD HENLY BULLOCK; Capt. PETER TWITTY; Capt.JOHN HAWKINS; MAJ.PHIL HAWKINS; Mr.JOHN WRIGHT; Mr. THOMAS EVANS FOOTE; Mr. WILLIAM MARKS; Mr. WYATT HAWKINS; Mr. JOHN LONG; Mr. FRANCIS MALLORY; Mr.STERLING CLACK; Miss ANNE WRIGHT; Mr. EUEL WRIGHT; Mr. LEW TUCKER Mr. GEORGE TWITTY; Mr. SiMON WRIGHT; JOHN ROOKER
116. Nov. Ct.1781. List of Insolvents, mistakes & duplications in assessments, etc., by WILLIAM CHRISTMAS, Commissioner. District of: Capt.GEORGE NORSWORTHY: Mistake in ANN BUSH, PETER JACKSON, RIECE BREWER, WILLIAM KELLY, PHILN' HAWKINS, Sr., BENJAMIN HAWKINS DANIEL VAULX: LEWIS BROWN (no such man), WILLIAM WALKER, JOSEPH MARTIN, THOMAS FUSSILL, DAVID LEWIS. MDUKE JOHNSON: JOHN TANNER, Jr., WM.ADKINS DAVIS NICHOLS: DANIEL' SLEDGE,Esq. & NATHL.MACON,Esq., STEPHEN WILLIAMS, RICHARD FARR Capt. BENNETT WOOD: JAMES DOZER, JOHN HARTON, GIDEON HUNT MACON, BENJAMIN CARTHORN, JOHN CANNADY
117. (A) Will of JOHN TODD. 27 May 1780; Nov. Ct.1781. Names: Wife MARY, Extrx. Son JOHN; eldest dtr. FRANCES TODD (a minor); no other dts. named, Extrs.: Friends JOHN FAULCON & THOMAS MILLER, Jr. Wit: SOLOMON HIGGINS (Jurat), JAMES BALTHROP & SUSANNA CHRISTIAN.
119. 14 Nov.178l Nov. Ct.1781. WILLIAM CHRISTMAS to Gov.ALEXANDER MARTIN. Bond for 700,000 Pds. to insure that he properly discharge duty as County Commissioner. Sec: MDUKE JOHNSON.
120. 14 Nov.1781 Nov.Ct.1781. JOHN HAWKINS,Sr., Sheriff to Gov. ALEXANDER MARTIN. Bond for 1.,134,000 Pds. to insure faithful execution of office of County Treasurer. Sec: PHILLIMON HAWKINS.
121. 27 Oct.1781; Nov.Ct.1781. WILLIAM WILLIAMS, of Goochland Co., Va., to
his Dtro MARY TODD of Warren Co. Gift of negroes, to go to her children at her death. Wit: DRURY WILLIAMS, THOMAS HALL, FRANCES (FANNEY) HALL, (Jurat) & WILLIAM TURNER.
122. (A) Will of CHARLES CALLER. 23 Dece1780;Nov. Ct.1781. His Father ROBERT CALLER to have 600 acres known as "Caller's Ordinary". Extrs: Friend JOHN WATSON & Brother JOHN CALLER. Wit: MARTIN DYE (Jurat) & WILLIAM CALLER.
123. 12 Feb. 1782; Feb. Court 1782. Inv. Est. Mr. WILLIAM PARK, dec'd. By BETTY PARK, Extrx.
124. 4 Feb.1782; Feb. Ct.1782. WILLIAM CLEMMENTS (CLEMMONS) to his daughter CATY VAULX. Gift of a negro. Wit: JOHN NICHOLSON & STEPHEN BECKHAM (Jurat).
125. Will of JOSEPH BREWER, of Bute Co. 1 Sept.1772;Feb.Ct.1782. Names: Wife ANNE; Sons JOSEPH, JAMES & WILLIAM; Dtr. MARY ACOCK. Extr. Friend PHILLIP ALSTON. Wit: PHILLIP ALSTON (Jurat) & HENRY PERSON.
125 1/2. Will of JOHN BROWN. 24 Jan., 1782 Feb. Ct. 1782. Names: Wife ABIGAL; Sons JOHN (Extr.) & JEREMIAH; Dtrs. ELIZABETH JONES; SARAH FANN; ANN POWELL (& her son JOHN POWELL), SUSANNAH POLLOCK, & MARY BROWN; to THOMAS POLLOCK; to JOHN JONES; PATTY & NANCY MORGAN to have and share each in Est."with my children lawfully begotten". Extrs. JOHN JONES, THOMAS POLLOCK & son JOHN. Wit: MOSES READ, WILLIAM CHEEK (Jurat) & PETER COX (Jurat).
128. 13 Feb.1782; Feb. Ct.1782. TABITHA MARSHALL Gdn. to JOHN, TABITHA, WILLIAM, MATTHEW, CHARLES & PEGGY MARSHALL (all minors), orphans of JOHN MARSHALL, dec.d. Bond for 15,000 Pds. to WILLIAM JOHNSON & PHILEMON HAWKINS, Esqrs., Justices. Sec: WILLIAM WHITE, JOHN WORTHAM & DIXON MARSHALL.
129. (A) Will of SARAH THOMPSON, Relict of the late SAMUEL THOMPSON of Surry Co., Va. 12 Dec.178l; Feb. Ct.l782. Son SAMUEL to have Property bequeathed by her late husband; Dtrs. SARAH, relict of the late JACOB WILLIAMS, MARY BELL, ANNE MYRICK. Extr. Brigadier General THOMAS PERSON. Wit: WILLIAM JACKSON & CADER POWELL (Jurat).
130. 13 Feb.1782; Feb. Ct.1782. Est. JOHN MARSHALL, dec'd.; TABITHA MARSHALL, Admrx. Bond for 20,000 Pds. to ALEXANDER MARTIN, "Speaker of the Senate & Commander in Chief for time being", Sec: JOHN WILLIS & JAMES JOHNSON.
132. 12 Feb.1782; Feb.Ct.1782. Inv. Est. JOHN MARSHALL,dec'd., by TABITHA MARSHALL. Includes: Bonds on ROBERT TURNBULL, JOHN WILLIS & JULIUS NICHOLS.
133. (A) Nuncupative Will of HENRY SHEARIN. 26 Nov.1781; Feb. Court 1782. Affidavits of JESSE BELL & WILLIAM FOOTE that "he died last night" & that he intended his Est. to go to his wife MARGARET & his two children.
134. Feb. Ct.1782. Inv. Est. HENRY SHEARIN, dec'd., by MARGARET SHEARIN, Admrx.
135. Feb.Ct.1782. Inv. Est. JOSEPH BREWER, dec'd., by PHILLIP ALSTON, Extr.
136. Acct. sale Est.CHARLES HULL, dec'd., sold by JOHN HAWKINS, Sheriff. Mrs. SUSAN HULL only buyer. Rtd. Feb. Court 1782. Test. THOMAS MACHEN, C.C.
(Note the next document, will of THOMAS MACHEN; all further documents in this book are certified by MARMADUKE JOHNSON, C.C.)
136. (A) Will of THOMAS MACHEN. 13 Oct.1781; May Ct.1782. Names: Sons THOMAS & GEORGE WALE MACHEN, HENRY (Extr.) & JONN; Dtrs. BETTY SCOTT, wife of JOHN SCOTT (Extr.), MARY McINTIE; Gr-dtr. MARGARET BLAIN SCOTT. Extrs. are to collect his fees. Wit: SPENCE WADDY(Jurat) & JOHN JORDAN.
138. (A) Will of ANN BREWER. 9 April 1782; May Ct.1782. 1/2 Est,. from her late husband to her son JAMES BREWER & 1/2 to Cousin JAMES MASSENGILL, Jr. Extr. PHILLIP ALSTON. Wit: JESSE PERSON (Jurat) & ANN PERSON.
139 May Ct.1782. Inv. Est. ANN BREWER, dec'd., by PHILLIP ALSTON, Sr., Extr.
140. 15 May 1782; May Ct.1782. Est. SHERROD DUKE, dec'd.; MARY DUKE Admrx. Bond for 500 Pds. to Coy. ALEXANDER MARTIN. Sec: MATTHEW DUKE.
142. (A) Will of SHERROD DUKE. 3 May 1781; May Ct.1782. All to his Mother MARY DUKE & to his brothers & sisters living with her at death. Wit: BENJAMIN TERRY (Jurat) & THOS. MACHEN.
142. May Ct.1782. Inv. Est. SHERROD DUKE, dec'd., by MARY DUKE, Admrx.
143. (A) Will of GEORGE LANKFORD. 1 Sept .1780 ; May Ct.1782. Wife, Extrx.(not named); Sons JOHN, Extr. (to care for his mother), GEORGE, KERBY & JOAB. Dtr. DELILAH. Wit: THOMAS NEWMAN (Jurat), THOMAS WILSON (Jurat), JOHN WHITE & STERLING CLACK.
144. May Ct.l782. Inv. Est. GEORGE LANKFORD, dec'd.; JUDITH LANKFORD, Extrx,
144. May Ct.1782. Div. Est. HENRY SHEARIN, dec'd., between: His widow, ZACHARIAH SHEARIN & JOSEPH SHEARIN. Commrs.: THOS.MILLER, JAMES PAINE & WILLIAM N. NORSWORTHY.
146. May Ct.1782. Div. Est. JOHN MARSHALL, dec'd., between:Widow TABITHA (1/3) ten children: Capt. WILLIAM WHITE, RICHARD MOORE & JOHN WORTHAM (husbands of dtrs. of dec'd.); Capt. DIXON (Dickson) MARSHALL, JOHN, TABITHA, WILLIAM, MATTHEW, CHARLES & PEGGY MARSHALL, Orphans. Appraisers: WILL JOHNSON, PHIL HAWKINS & WILLIAM DUKE, who made note that share of the six youngest children is in hands of their Guardian Mother & that those of age have rec'd. their share.
150. 9 May 1782; May Ct.1782. Inv. Est. JOHN TODD, dec'd. by MARY TODD, Extrx.
151. 25 July 1782; Aug. Ct.1782. GIDEON HUNT MACON to Gov. ALEXANDER MARTIN. Bond for 2,000 Pds. as Commissioner for receiving & issuelng the specific provision tax for 1782. Sec: WILLIAM GREEN.
152. Aug. Ct.1782. Inv. Est. ROBERT CALLIER, Jr., by ROBERT CALL(I)ER,Sr.
152. 15 Aug .l782; Aug. Ct.1782. WYATT HAWKINS Sheriff, to Gov. ALEXANDER MARTIN, Bond for 3,000 Pds. to insure proper handling of taxes, as County Treasurer. Sec: MATTHEW WOOD, Maj. PHILIMON HAWKINS & JOHN ELLINGTON.
154. 25 Dec .1778 ; Aug. Ct.1782. JAMES RANSOM to several of his children. Gift of negroes to Dtr. BETTY RANSOM, Son SETMORE RANSOM, Dtrs. DRUCILLA & ABIGAIL SUGARS RANSOM. Wit: JOHN MACON (Jurat).
154. 15 Aug .1782 ; Aug. Ct.1782. WYATT HAWKINS to Gov. ALEXANDER MARTIN. Bond for 5,000 Pds. to insure faithful execution of office as Sheriff. Sec: MATTHEW WOOD, PHIL HAWKINS, Jr. & JOHN ELLINGTON.
155. 13 Now.1780; Aug. Ct.1782. MOSES ASH(E) BOWSER apprt, to JETHRO SUMNER, by WILLIAM JOHNSON, Esq., "President in Warren Co." to learn Husbandry, etc.
157. (A) Will of WILLEBE FANN. 14 June 1782;Now. Ct.1782. Wife (not named), Extrx.; dtr. MARTHA MUSTIAN (land on WS Roses Creek); Son WILLIAM, Extr.. & dts. MOLLY, LUCINDA, TABITHA, NANCY, LUCRETIA & LUCY (all minors). Extr. ALEXANDER NICHOLSON. Wit: ALEXANDER NICHOLSON (Jurat), REUBEN PATRICK (Jurat) & WILLIAM FANN.
159. (A) Will of THOMAS BELL. 26 May 1782; Now. Ct.1782. Wife (not named); sons THOMAS, JOHN, WILLIAM & MUNTFORD (last two minors); mentions four dtrs. but names only PATTY. Extrs.: HENRY JONES, JESSE BELL & DANIEL PEGHAM. wit: JOHN COLCLOUGH, JOHN HARTON, JESSE BELL (Jurat) & DANIEL PEGRAM (Jurat).
160. (A) Will of JOSHUA PATTISHALL. 14 June 1781; Nov. Ct.1782. Names: Brothers RICHARD COLEMAN PATTISHAL, THOMAS PATTISHALL & WILLIAM PATTISHALL & sister SUSANNAH JONES. Wit: HENRY STURDIVANT (Jurat), WILLIAM YOUNG & WILLIAM ELLIS.
161. Nov. Ct.1782. Acct. sale Est. ROBERT CALLIER,Jr., by WYATT HAWKINS, Shf. No names of purchasers.
162. Will of SHERLEY (SHEARLEY, SHURLY) WHATLEY, of Bute Co. 19 Dec. 1778; Feb. Ct. 1783. Wife REBECCA, Extrx.; Sons WILLIS & ORNAN, Extrs., WHARTON & MICHAEL; Dtr. in law MARY WHATLEY & her children; land his son WILSON WHATLEY has surveyed in Georgia to be further secured; rest of his children (not named or numbered). Wit: DANIEL POTTER, JOHN LANIER (Jurat) & MARY LANIER (Jurat).
165. 11 Feb.1783;Feb. Ct. 1783. Est. BENJAMIN COLCLOUGH, dec'd. JOHN COLCLOUGH, Admr. Bond for 1,O00 Pds. to Gov. ALEXANDER MARTIN. Sec: WILLIAM SHEARIN & JOHN BAXTER.
167. 11 Feb.1783; Feb. Ct.1783. Est. JOSHUA PATTISHALL, dec'd. WILLIAM PATTISHALL, Admr. Bond for 100 Pds. to Gov. ALEXANDER MARTIN. Sec: WILLIAM ELLIS.
169. 11 Feb.1783; Feb.Ct.1783. Est. JOHN JOHNSON, dec'd.. THOMAS MILLER, Admr. Bond for 50 Pds. to Gov. ALEXANDER MARTIN. Sec: THOMAS MILLER, Jr.
172. l0 Feb.1783; Feb.Ct.1783. Est. JOHN PATTRICK, dec'cl. WILMOT (WIL(L)MUT) PAT(T)RI (C)K, Admrx. Bond for 1,000 Pds. to Gov. ALEXANDER MARTIN. Sec: LEWIS PATTRICK.
174. 23 Dec.1782; Feb. Ct.1783. Div. Est. RICHARD OLIVER, dec'd.: 2/3 to his son JOHN OLIVER & 1/3 to JAMES EMMERSON who married the widow. Appraisers: JOHN FAULCON, JAMES PAIN & JOSHUA MABRY.
175. 12 Feb.1783; Feb. Ct.1783. WILLIAM GREEN to GIDEON HUNT MACON, who has married his dtr. MARY. Gift of slaves. Wit: JOHN WILLIAMS.
176. 4 Feb.1783; Feb.Ct.1783. Inv. Est. JOHN PATRICK, dec'd., by WILLIAM PATRICK & WILMOTH PATRICK, Admrx. Wit: REUBIN PATRICK.
178. Feb. Ct.1783. Inv. Est. JOHN BROWN, dec'd, lent to ABIGAL BROWN, by JOHN JONES, Extr.
178. 14 Feb.1783; Feb. Ct.1783. Inv. Est. JOSHUA PATTISHALL, dec'd., by WILLIAM PATTISHALL (PATISHALL).
179. 12 Feb.1783; Feb. Ct.1783. Inv. Est. Mrs. SARAH THOMPSON, dec'cl., which came to him as Extr. 17 Now.1782, by THOMAS PERSON(S), Extr.
179. 5 Feb.1779; Feb. Ct.1783, Inv. Est. JAMES BALFOUR, dec'd., by THOMAS EATON, Extr. Includes land sold to JOHN TURNER.
180. 27 Jan. 1783; Feb. Ct.1783. Inv. Est. JOHN JOHNSON, dec'd., by THOMAS MILLER.
181. 13 May 1783; May Ct.1783. Inv. Est. JOSHUA ELLIS, dec'd., by EFRAIM ELLIS & JOHN ELLIS, Extrs.
182. 14 May 1783; May Ct .1783. Inv. Est. BENJAMIN COLCLOUGH, dec'd., by JOHN COLCLOUGH, Admr.
183. (A) Will of JOSHUA ELLIS, of Bute Co. 2 Feb .1779 ; May Ct.1783. Wife MARY; Sons JOHN & EFRAIM, Extrs.; Dtrs. SARAH RUSSELL & SUSANNA(H) ELLIS. Wit: AARON HARDWICK, RICHARD ELLIS (Jurat) & SUSANNA BOHANON (Jurat).
184. (A) Will of SAMUEL DISPAIN. 3 Feb.1783; May Ct.1783. Wife ANN(A), Extrx.; Son JOHN; Dtr. SARAH; Gr.son BENJAMIN DISPAIN. Extr. Son-in-law MOSES HARRIS. Wit: SAMUEL MARSHALL (Jurat), HARRISON HARRESS & SAMUEL HARRESS.
186. May Ct.1783. Acct. Sale Est. JOHN PATTRICK, dec'd., by WYATT HAWKINS, Sheriff. Purchasers named:
|WILMOUTH PATRICK||JOHN FANN||WILLIAM PATRICK||JAMES NORSWORTHY|
|REUBEN PATTRICK||RICHARD FOX||SAMUEL WALKER||RAWLEY HAMMONDS|
|LEWIS PATTRICK||WILLIAM CALLER||WILLIAM DAVIS||PHIL HILLARD|
|JOHN PATTRICK||LABOURN WRIGHT||JOHN BOOKER||FREDRICK MALONE|
|WYATT HAWKINS||JOHN CALLER||JOSHUA RIVERS|
188. 13 May 1783;May Ct.1783. Est. JOHN WOODROOF, dec'd., by RICHARD WOODROOF, Admr. Bond for 500 Pds. to Gov. ALEXANDER MARTIN. Sec: JAMES NICHOLSON & URBANA NICHOLSON.
190. May Court 1783. List of Insolvents who owe their specific tax for 1782 -exhibited by GIDEON HUNT MACON, Warren Co. Commissioner. Names:
|GRIFFIN DICKERSON||JOHN CARROL||WILLIAM OWENS||WILLIAM BROCK|
|DIONISIOUS DINKINS||GEORGE RUST||ASA FORKNER||HUBBARD PERRY|
|MICHAEL McGUARTNEY||DAVID HIGH||RICHARD BUSH||JOHN JOHNSON|
|JAMES HUCKERSON||SAML. LOYD||BENJ. FORKNER||ROBERT RAGDALL|
|WM. WILLIAMSON||JOHN MADRY||AMEY BECKHAM||FRANCIS MILES|
|JOSEPH MERRITT, Jr.||JOHN LAMB||JOHN CLAIBORM||LAURENCE NOLES|
|ELISABETH HARRIS||BAKER WRAY||WILKINS MOSS||WILLIAM WALKER|
|WILLIAM McILVAIL||JOHN WALKER||JOSEPH SHADWICK||ORNAN WHATLEY|
|DAVID SCRIVINER||JOHN ASPLEY||CHARLES GOODMAN||BREWEN REEVES|
|BENJA' COLCLOUGH||MOLLY JONES||REUBEN DUNSTON||JAMES WHEELOR|
|GEORGE CUNNINGHAM||DANL. HOUSE||THOS. WILLIAMS||JOHN DINGLER|
|ROBERT CUNNINGHAM||SAML. THOMAS||JAMES MURPHY||ROBERT ACOCK|
|WILLIAM WILLIAMS||JAMES COOPER||NATEL. BULLOCK||WILLIAM SAULS|
|BOLIN NICHOLSON||JACOB COOPER||WILLIAM MURTON||WILLIAM PARDUE|
|DWELLY DARNOLL||DAVID LEWIS||WILLIAM GREEN||JAMES BALLARD|
193. May Court 1783. Allowances of DANIEL VAULX as Collector: WARD's District: THOMAS WILLIAMS, ORNAN WHATLEY, WILLIAM WILLIAMSON, DAVID HIGH, GEORGE CUNNINGHAM:, MICHAEL GUARTNEY FUSSEL's District: THOMAS MERRITT, Jr., WILLIAM WILLIAMS, WILLIAM BROCK, ASA FORKNER, BENJA. FORKNER, SAMUEL LOYD, AMEY BECKHAM
194. May Court 1783. Acct. of allowances of OBED GREEN as Collector: Capt. WHITE's District: GEORGE RUST Capt. JORDON HARRIS, District: DAVID SCRIVINOR, WILLIAM COGGIN, WILKINs MOSS & ELISABETH HARRIS Capt. WEATHERS' District: ROBERT ACOCK, JOHN MADRY & JACOB COOPER
End of book 3
Forward to Will Books 4